Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where I Stopped

Well, it has been a week since my exam ended, and that’s our last met. You asked me out for lunch, but I said I’m not free. I didn’t have the courage to talk to you, cos I’m pretty sure you are gonna ask me about “that” again, which I don’t feel like talking about it. Well, probably, it doesn’t really matter after all, or I’m just ready yet.

I told you that I try to believe you, in fact I always do, but not until that day, the day I found out about “that”. You must be wondering so much on what I actually found out about you. You kept asking me, and that practically ended us up by not talking to each other for months. I know you want nothing from me at this moment, but just what I found out and what you’ve done that letting me down so much. Trust me, it doesn’t really matter after all. It’s kinda weird that we don’t talk to each other for quite some time. But we seem to be speechless when we see each other.

You were a little harsh in those words that you used when you texted me the other day. You’ve never said such thing to me before, and I was a little flabbergasted in fact. But I’m fine with it as I knew you were pretty much frustrated when I insisted not to talk about it. I’m sorry for rejecting your calls and not replying your messages. I know you care so much about me, you care about my feelings, putting yourself in my shoes, think from my side, give me time and privacy, in fact you take heed of every single thing that I say. I always say you don’t remember what I told you, and you will tell me you weren’t. Deep down, I know you do care of all the things that I say, and maybe that’s why I wanna keep a distance. Guess it’s not your fault, but it’s me, I can’t stand the guiltiness. You told me that I don’t have to, but I just find it so hard, especially when you treat me so well.

When you heard me insisted in going back to KL just a few days before the final exam starts, you acted cool, pretended as if you don’t give a damn. Then, you texted me, advising me to just concentrate in my studies. I actually ended up by going out for a movie with classmates, and when I got back into the room only I saw your message. It’s already late night, and I didn’t reply you. Maybe that’s just me. I really don’t know how to reply after I’ve received you message for some time. It just seems to be a little awkward if I reply you in the next day.

I don’t actually know how I feel about you at this moment, but whenever we are getting closer I just feel awkward. Or maybe I just prefer the vague feeling between us. Or I’m just feeling comfortable and at ease in having a distance with you. Well, maybe I’m just taking things for granted, for I knew you will understand me. As you said we understand each other, and I knew that we are tied with tight schedules and obligations, that keep us a distance and couldn’t spend much time together, but when we talk again, we will pick up right where we stopped, just like we never missed a beat. Time passes by us ever so swiftly, your name is not surprisingly still, being mentioned ever so frequently, trust me, you will always be my best friend. Maybe time will complete everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment